Club News

MATCH REPORT Ross County 2-1 St Mirren

On a blustery and wet day in Dingwall, the Staggies claimed all 3 points in a vital Premiership clash with St Mirren. After taking the lead through Ross Stewart, Tony Andreu levelled but a last gasp winner by Captain Marcus Fraser sealed a vital 3 points.


Celtic loanee, Ewan Henderson had the best of the opening chances. He cut across his defender before letting go from 25 yards. His shot going narrowly past the outside of the back post.


McAllister came close to opening the deadlock just after the half hour. He took the ball beyond Henderson before letting fly with a cracking effort. He could only watch as it struck the bar and bounced out of play for a goal kick.


St Mirren thought they had taken the lead just before the break. From a set play the ball was cleared by County before being played back in, through a crowd of bodies and being tapped home by Obika. However, after much consideration, the Assistant Referee flagged for an offside.


Harry Paton had Vladky scrambling less than 60 seconds in to the second half. He took aim from all of 25 yards, trying to find the far back, bottom corner. With Vladky at full stretch he managed to do enough to force the effort wide for a corner.


County would break the deadlock shortly after. Foster picked up the ball on the left-hand side and sent a great ball towards the back post where he found an unmarked Ross Stewart. The big striker had time to set himself before unleashing a great half volley beyond Vladky and in to the top left-hand corner of the net.


St Mirren were offered both an olive branch and a way back in to the match with just over 15 minutes remaining. Tony Andreu’s freekick from 20 yards looked to have been well collected on the ground by Laidlaw. However, the ball squirmed under the Staggies goalkeeper and in to the back of the net.


County maintained pressure on the Buddies looking to claim a winner, which would merit their performance in the match. Deep in to injury time at the end of the match that winner would come. Gardyne sent a fantastic ball in from the left and as it flashed across the penalty spot, Captain Marcus Fraser made a great run and managed to hammer the ball past Vladky and keep the 3 Premiership points in Dingwall.

More News